I Selected Burma As My Next Vacation Destination


I am planning a month long vacation with my family but not able to decide the place to visit. One of my friend told me that he recently spent a quality time with his family in Burma. He told so many things about the country that I decided Burma as my holiday destination. I surfed the internet to know more about the country and its main attractions.

I found that the tourists industry of Burma is growing with every passing year and by the end of 2012, the number of tourists visiting this country is expected to reach the one million mark. It is a country with astonishingly rich culture and stupendous architecture. Burma also has the credit of having two the great man-made wonders of the world, which are Pagoda in Yangon (Rangoon) and Bagan’s endless thousand-year-old temples. Burma is a home to more than 2,000 Buddhist temples.

Most of the tourists of Burma includes businessmen coming to the commercial capital of the country, Yangon. In 2010, the number of tourists was over 7,90,000 and in 2011, there was an increase of 1.27 percent taking the number of tourists to more than 8,000,000. The first seven months of 2012 saw a huge increase of 37.5 percent compared to the same period last year.

As the number of tourists is increasing, the tourism industry of Burma is concerned about the shortage of hotel rooms and the lack of transport infrastructure. Keeping this thing in mind, the country is planning a new international airport near its commercial capital. Moreover, Yangon have also allowed people to convert apartments to hotels that will result in adding more than 500 rooms this year.

I have selected Burma as my next vacation destination. I am looking forward to enjoy a memorable time in the country.

0 comments:

Post a Comment